From before sunrise to beyond sunset, God’s Law dominated the psalmist’s life. In the incredible acrostic poem, Psalm 119 we see when the Word was important to him throughout his day.
I rise before dawn and cry for help; I hope in your words (147).
Oh how I love your law! It is my meditation [...]
When I was walking around the outskirts of our neighborhood, the sidewalk led me behind a house with a fenceless backyard containing a large black dog. He ran quickly to the edge of what I assume was an invisible fence. He continued to find me intriguing as I journeyed by, acting like I was a [...]Read More
Children love to say the rhyme, “Eenie meenie miny mo . . .” when determining who is It. Wouldn’t it be great if life were that simple? Can’t decide something important? Just say a rhyme and wherever you land, you’re good to go!
Scripture doesn’t answer certain questions for us. Whom should I marry? What [...]
Sometimes when less-than-perfect results are achieved we say we would like a “do-over.” A chance to get it right or to erase regret is so appealing when we know we could’ve and should’ve done something better. There have been so many moments in my life where I wish I had been given a “do over.” [...]Read More
1. It’s not my responsibility to save others, make them happy, or fix situations beyond my control.
2. It’s not my responsibility to hold all things together.
3. It’s not my responsibility to shine or make sure I am loved.
4. It’s not my responsibility to please people or make sure I am understood.
5. It is my responsibility [...]